Some people prefer to call it corporate responsibility, others sustainability, and some environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG). Regardless of what name you choose, leaders in the field, like Avery Dennison’s Alicia Procello Maddox California, know a company’s financial success relies heavily on its stance on social responsibility, as well as the future of the environment.
Alicia Procello believes what led to this revolution was the long-standing history of corruption scandals in business, accusations of child labor, and a number of environmental accidents in certain prominent companies. As business has gone global, Alicia Procello Maddox California believes the people have begun to hold corporations far more accountable for their practices and expect far better practices out of them.
Corporate Responsibility has become an important issue and the following signs show that its here to stay.
- Transparency: As the years go by, technology advances and reporting of business and business practices becomes far more transparent. Alicia Maddox California believes that as businesses continue to grow they will become far more transparent.
- Trust: As businesses grow, they grow in power. As this power grows, the public must give an inordinate amount of trust to businesses. As citizens become more skeptical and able to challenge authority, the corporate leaders must build a stronger ability to establish trust.
- Community Participation: Businesses are expected and have taken on the challenge of participating more in community outreach and putting together community projects and events. Alicia Maddox has done a lot of similar projects through community outreach at her time at Avery Dennison.
- UN Engaging Companies: The UN, some of the leaders in preaching sustainability and the like, have reached out to over 8,000 companies in over 145 countries, in order to raise working and environmental standards and practices.
- New Markets: Alicia Procello Maddox has seen in recent times that businesses have gone from resource takers to market creators. Not only have companies had to be far more responsible with the way they use nature’s resources, but they’ve had to aid the countries in which they take resources from.